Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cute Pictures Of ~*Casey*~ & Up-Date







Dear Donna,

I have been remiss in writing for a bit...I would complain about being busy, but I know that you are busier than I am and still manage to get everything done!! How are you doing? How are Tom & the kids? How are all (gosh, so many) the furry babies doing? Needless to say, I think about you every day when I marvel at how well Casey is doing. I know that so much of his wonderful personality and behavior is attributable to you. Casey's shots are all done and he is on a heartworm med, so his nanny walks him outside on leash every day, and he likes the new side yard I made for him. She tells me he runs for shade - in that, he takes after me! Until a couple of weeks ago, his only "outings" were to the vet. I suspected he would be sociable judging by his behavior with all the personnel at the vet's office. He certainly proved he was when I took him to my grandfather's outdoor birthday party at a park! (See photo of me with Casey- he is smiling!). I am also sending a picture of Casey sleeping on his nanny when he pooped out after a hard morning of play. Well, Casey is 5 1/2 months old and weighs 14 lbs! The vet says he is not overweight, and he looks lean and trim (he goes on his doggie treadmill when it's raining outside!). I will be getting him neutered within the next couple of weeks, and I will let you know how that goes. I, of course, am a nervous Nellie. I have saved his baby teeth, and his adult teeth are beautiful and straight. Tomorrow I have some friends coming over with their children (9 & 5 y/o) - and can't wait to see how Casey is with them. This will be a good trial for the holidays, where I usually have 25 friends and family (and at least 4 children) over for formal dinners. Casey's nanny (Alma) & her husband will be here for those, just in case! Since I have a stroller for Casey (I got it so I wouldn't have to put him on the floor at the vet's office), I think Alma & I will take him shopping next week. He is great in the car, and I still can't believe thunder doesn't bother him. Is there anything about him I don't love!Since this is turning out to be a missive rather than a note, I will close. I think you may be getting a tiny surprise from Casey & me sometime soon. Stay well, get some rest, and please let me know how you are doing.
Fondly,
Patty & Casey