Sunday, February 01, 2009

~*Spanky & Roxy*~ Up-Date : )

Hi Donna!
How are you down there! We are in the middle of yet another snow storm! I don't think my kids have had a full 5-day school week for about 6 weeks now! I'm getting tired of all the snow and desperately need some heat!!!

On a good note--both Spanky and Roxy absolutely LOVE the snow (well...Roxy loves it more than Spanky!) She can go out and pee and poop ANYWHERE!!! Spanky requires a Newsweek and 30 minute walk! It's not much better in the summer! He always (from the time he was a small pup) needed a very long walk to find his good "spot"! The snow makes it worse, but we always seem to figure it out! Once they've done their "business", they can run around in the snow forever digging and chasing each other! They are TOO, TOO cute!!!

Just an FYI to you--Roxy was spayed on January 15, 2009 at 23 weeks old! She did so great, I cannot even tell you!!! My vet operates at a local hospital (as opposed to his own office) and the hospital requires that the animal stay overnite! We had to do the same thing with Spanky! We missed her like crazy and when I picked her up the following day, I had to text Jeff and both kids immediately that I had her and that she was fine!!! She never, ever once tried to lick or scratch her stitches! We carried her around for almost a week! She got so used to that, that now she doesn't want to jump off the bed or couch! She stands there and wags her tail...then if no one sees her wagging, she starts to bark till she is lifted off! Very spoiled, I think!!!

Her stitches came out this past Monday (10 days later) and she was fantastic for stitch removal! I held her up and the vet went in and snipped the 4 stitches! It took about 20 seconds!

If you can give me your fax number, I would be happy to fax to you the receipt from the veterinary hospital of successful spaying! Now that stitches are gone, she is released to full duty! If only those 2 furry ones would get a job and contribute a little!!! They're as bad as the human kids!!! But...I couldn't live without ANY of them!!!

Hope you're all well...we're checking daily to see the new pups that you're expecting this spring!!!

~~Lauren~~