Saturday, August 25, 2007

"Heart Breaking" Up-date about ~*Bridget Gabriel*~

Dear Donna,
After sending you that last email (see post below), I am so very sorry to have to send you this one.My dear Bridget got hit by a car last Wednesday night and died.My heart is broken. I loved her so much I can't explain.I had taken her to my neighbors across the street for dinner and it was late, maybe 9pm and dark out. We were talking on the front lawn and Bridget was playing with my cat Puddin. They were great friends. Puddin ran across the street and Bridget chased her, then Bridget ran back across the street to me. It happened so fast. It is not a busy street especially at night, otherwise I would never have let her be off the leash.She did not suffer. She got hurt badly and was crying and biting down. I put my hand in her mouth to let her bite down on me. I held her until she died which was only moments and I thank God she didn't suffer long. My neighbor and I built a very nice casket the next morning and we buried her in my garden. Friends and family have been coming these past few days and everyone is hurting.Bridget filled a giant void in my life personally. She was my best friend. We spent this past summer together and did everything together. She was with me 24/7. I love her with all my heart and I miss her in a way I can't explainI am very sorry for letting this happen to this wonderful dog. I hope you forgive me
Pat
********************************************************
Our Dearest Pat,
Our hearts & prayers go out to you and your mother during this terrible time! I just have tears running down my face after reading your e-mail, I know Pat how much you LOVED this girl....... and how much you leaned on her during the rough times with your mom's health. This is a terrible accident, Please don't place blame on yourself. Just remember the great times you both had together and Bridget's memory will always live on forever in your heart! Our sympathy & Prayers go out to you,Donna, Tom, Kristopher, Kelly
& The whole fur family at Town and Country Schnoodles.....