Monday, December 19, 2005

Season's Greeting's ~* Ivy *~



Dear Donna and all my extended family at Town & Country Schnoodles: I have just turned three years old and have become quite the mature young lady. (Well, sometimes I whine when I can't go outside and play frisbee, but otherwise I am a very dignified and fashionable dog, as you can see from the attached photos.) My human parents moved from Arlington, VA last December to Fayetteville, PA when my papa retired from the Postal Service. It was an adjustment to move into a brand new house, especially while the carpenters were still working on it, hammering away. Sometimes I just shut myself in my crate (yes, I close the door myself!). At first I was very suspicious of the other dogs in the neighborhood; you know how it is being the new girl on the block. But now, I've made several friends, including a cock-a-poo named Kody (he is such a flirt!), and my next door neighbor, Dixie (a Black Lab). Dixie and I and our parents spent a lot of afternoons this summer playing frisbee in her big back yard. Dixie also has a swimming pool. It's very deep (about six inches!) and I won't go into it, even though Dixie keeps showing me that it is a very fun way to cool off. Dixie and I also went trick-or-treating together on Halloween. She was a pumpkin, I was a fortune-teller.
Didn't travel too much this year, but we did go to CHicago and Michigan for Thanksgiving. We stayed in Michigan with Mama's 92-year-old aunt, who supposedly doesn't like dogs very much. Ha! I just snuggled up against her legs whenever she sat down, looking up at her adoringly with my big, soulful brown eyes, and the next thing you know, this little old hand was reaching down to scratch me behind the ears. Another convert to Schnoodl-ism.
Mom and Dad still take me back to Arlington every few weeks so I can visit my favorite doggy bakery and boutique, Dogma. That is where Mama found this pink coat for me. Papa hates it. Says it makes me look like Paris Hilton. Personally, I have no opinion about this...a coat is a coat, and this time of year (18 degrees and snowing today!), wearing a fake one over my natural one feels pretty doggone nice!
Yappy Holidays to All of You!
Ivy Dog Goldstein
(A Pepper Ann pup)