Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy 1st. Birthday ~* Harpo *~





Hi Donna,
As you know of course, tomorrow is Harpo’s (A Abigail Pup) first birthday. So here are a few pictures of him. I have to say, that they don’t do him justice. I just can’t capture his unbearable cuteness on camera. But let me tell you what happens when we walk in the neighborhood. During each walk that we take in the confines of our residential area, we are routinely stopped 3 or 4 times by members of his fan club. But when we venture to the commercial parts of our neighborhood, there is no escaping the onslaught of his admirers. Today, we must have been stopped 10 times in less then a half hour. We even had the case of a driver sitting at a red light who, upon seeing Harpo, took out a camera and started to shoot pictures! I went to Duane Reade carrying him, as usual, on my hip like a baby, with his two hind legs around my waist and his front paws on my shoulder. I thought we could never leave. We were stopped at every aisle. Women were all over him, kissing him, petting him, and cooing. One even said “This is the most beautiful dog I have ever seen”. My Little Guy does not complain of course. He probably thinks that he deserves all the adoration the world lavishes on him. But it has not gone to his head yet, and he still gladly returns complete strangers’ kisses.I have to say that my favorite expression of devotion to King Harpo happened last week. As we were waiting for a light to change, a woman stopped her car in the middle of the street, lowered her window and shouted at Harpo: “I could kiss you up, you are SO cute, you are SO beautiful” etc. As she kept ranting and raving about Mister Cutie, she had become oblivious of the traffic. She ended up blocking the intersection as cars waited for her to move in order to make their turns. Yes, my baby stops traffic. Literally. Larry, Harpo and I wish you and your family a Great New Year!Marie.